We will take the following factors into account, amongst other considerations:
- The extent of need you have demonstrated, and how critical a grant is for your legal claim or defence to continue;
- Ability to fund from alternative sources of funds (i.e., own funds, Legal Aid, legal expenses insurance, fee arrangements with lawyers or litigation funding);
- Whether additional funding will be required from other sources and the probability of this being secured;
- How far-reaching the impact of this case is;
- The track record of your legal team;
- The prospect of success of your claim or defence; and
- The potential of further financial exposure to Therium Access (e.g. by way of an Arkin order).
- The extent of need you have demonstrated, and how crucial a grant is for your organisation and project;
- How far-reaching the impact of this project is;
- Whether similar projects exist;
- Whether funding from other sources is available;
- Whether additional funding will be required from other sources and the probability of this being secured; and
- Whether the organisation has a track record of delivering positive outcomes and the credentials to run this type of project (or others) and is able to satisfy its objectives and do so (and manage its other operations) within budget.
For urgent applications, in addition to the above criteria (as applicable and any applicable conditions), the immediate requirement for a grant must be clearly demonstrated, e.g. for a judicial review.